I have been playing with entrelac cubes again. Well, still. This series of diagrams shows what happens when you modify the edges of the squares that form the faces of a cube. The first variation I tried was the hound's-tooth check motif, but there are others now, including the Greek cross and this motif made of 8 squares. The flexibility of knitting lends itself to many such variations. Click through to the Flickr page to see more.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Finished this swatch over a week ago, finally posting a picture. I wanted to make it out of wool so it would block flatter, but the ball I used only had enough for two "rows" of entrelac rather than 3 in the diagram. Still, it gives a good idea of the pattern. I'm not happy with all the joins, some of them look very messy, but I'm working on improving that aspect of entrelac.